• Domestic Violence: a new facility for Domestic Violence Refuge, COPE Galway received €1.1. million for restoration and now has full planning permission to progress to construction phase
• Last year we launched Rebuilding Ireland, the Government’s Action Plan for Housing and Homelessness
• 150 new social housing units across Galway
• Refurbishment of vacant homes across Galway
• We introduced a Help-To-Buy scheme, a 5% tax rebate to help first-time buyers of new builds
• Renters will benefit from the Strategy for the Rental Sector which will provide for long-term tenure of choice for families
• We are committed to delivering 47,000 new social housing units
Up to 95% grant in owner-occupied homes, for persons aged 66 or over, to cover the costs of up to €8,000 in necessary improvements – rewiring, roof repair, central heating (where none). The annual income of all household members must be under €30,000 for the full grant, dropping on a graduated basis to 30% for incomes €50,000 – €60,000, but no grant after that.
Insulation Scheme for homeowners available to on Fuel Allowance, Jobseeker’s Allowance for over 6 months with children under 7, or on FIS, through Energy Action (01 454 5464) and Warmer Homes Scheme (1800 250 204).
Provides grants to homeowners for homes built before 2006: insulation of attic, cavity wall, internal/external wall, heating control with boiler upgrade. Grants will typically cover 20% – 30% of the full cost. Energy savings of up to 50% can be achieved (1850 927 000)